Home Travel Grants
FEBS YTF Awards
A limited number of FEBS Youth Travel Funds (YTF) Awards are available to support participation of early-career scientists in this event. These funds will cover the registration fee (including costs of event meals, and shared accommodation in a twin room) [and possibly a contribution towards travel expenses], up to a maximum of 800 EUR per person. The selection of applicants to receive FEBS YTF awards will be carried out by the Course Organizers on the basis of CV and motivation letter, and approved by the FEBS Treasury Office according to the FEBS YTF eligibility criteria (also shown below).
Application and notification of outcome:
Please check the Applications section of the website. In the platform's registration system, (i) include proof of your society membership in the file you upload with supporting documents, and (ii) answer yes to the question asking about interest in applying for a FEBS YTF award.
Applicants selected by the Course Organizers will be notified by 10 July 2018 and receive a FEBS Treasury YTF form, to be returned to the FEBS Treasury for approval approximately 8 weeks before the event's start date.
Eligibility criteria for applicants travelling from the FEBS area of Europe and neighbouring regions:
- The applicant should be not older than 35, should be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or should be a postdoctoral scientist within five years of having completed a PhD thesis, working in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society;
- The applicant must be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society and provide a valid certificate of membership (for FEBS Constituent Societies, see the Our Members section of the FEBS website);
- The applicant should not have received a grant from the Youth Travel Fund to attend a FEBS Course / Workshop in the current year or previous year, nor a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in the current year, nor a grant to attend the FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum in the current year;
- The applicant cannot be a resident of the country hosting the event;
- For awards with travel funding, only travel within the FEBS area from the applicant’s current country of residence to the country hosting the FEBS event is supported;
- Young scientists from the Organizers’ laboratories are not eligible for FEBS YTF awards.
YTF awardees from outside the FEBS area
One trans-Youth Travel Fund Fellowship (trans-YTF) of maximum 1500 USD is offered to facilitate the participation of a selected participant if they come from outside the FEBS area.
To receive a trans-YTF grant, the chosen participant has to fulfill the eligibility criteria listed at our website:
http://www.febs.org/our-activities/advanced-courses/youth-travel-fund/ - section: „For YTF awardees from outside the FEBS area”
Transcontinental YTF awards may be a maximum of 1500 USD per person and covers the full registration fee (or partially the registration fee where it is higher than 1500 USD) including accommodation and meals.