Application and selection
The total number of course participants is limited to 60, to facilitate interactions. The target audience is postdoctoral fellows and PhD students but applications from senior scientists with experience in resurrestion plant research and drought stress field are also welcome.
!! Please note that the event is on a first come first serve basis. Registration will be valid only upon receipt of the full payment.
How to apply
By the deadline of 15th June 2018:
- Complete a registration order through the registration/abstract submission portal on this event website by entering your details on the registration form and choosing a payment method. You will receive an automated 'order received email' with full instructions of how to pay, and a copy of the order in PDF
- During this process, upload a single file (accepted formats are combined single pdf) containing all supporting documents for your application:
- for postdocs and PhD students, the name and address of your lab head/supervisor and letter of recommendation, confirming your status as PhD student or Young Investigator
- a concise CV (max 2 pages)
- for applicants for FEBS Youth Travel Fund awards, your Constituent Society membership proof, age id, proof of status and motication letter.
3. Submit your abstract via the 'My abstract' tab in the registration/abstract portal. Abstract submission is mandatory for consideration of your application. See the Abstract section of the website for more details.
An ‘order received e-mail’ message with full instructions on how to pay is automatically sent to your inbox when you complete an order.
An 'order confirmed e-mail’ message will be sent to you when organizers receive the fund and confirm your registration payment.
Registration fees include access to the event sessions, name badge, certificate of attendance, book of abstracts, meals and refreshment breaks and accommodation at Grand Hotel Plovdiv hotel as set out in the registration fee table. Travel costs are not covered.
Meals/refreshments covered by the registration fees are breakfasts at the hotel, lunches and refreshements at the venue, as well as the social dinner.
The registration fee covers the stay at Grand Hotel Plovdiv hotel from September 19 (check-in) to September 22 (check-out). If you need to stay (an) additional day(s), you will have to pay for it separately and arrange for this by contacting us to book any required extra night(s)
|Regular fee||330,00 €|
|Local Participant Fee (only for residents, no accomodation)||120,00 €|
Terms and Conditions
By registering for the event, participants (also referred to as 'you') are entering an agreement with the Course Organizer(s), and you are indicating acceptance to the terms and conditions set out below.
The registration Fee for participants covers:
- Access to all scientific programme sessions
- Meals and refreshments as set out above
- Accommodation at Grand Hotel Plovdiv hotel, as set out on the Venue/Accommodation page
- Name badge, printed materials and certificate of attendance
- Social dinner
Travel costs are not covered by the registration fee.
Methods of Payment
Payments must be made by bank transfer; details will be sent in your ‘order received email’.
Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source. Your Name, Surname and Order ID must be indicated on the transaction receipt of the bank transfer. Following the payment, receipt of the transaction must be sent via email to (info@ReHOPE2018.febsevents.org) with subject "Order ID payment".
Proof of payment must be received before 22 June 2018. If you do not receive an ‘order confirmed email’ within 5 business days after sending your proof of payment / receipt of transaction, please contact (info@ReHOPE2018.febsevents.org).
Registration cancellation & refund policy
All registration cancellation requests should be sent to (info@ReHOPE2018.febsevents.org) in writing. For cancellation requests received on or before 1st September, 2018, 50% of the payment, less bank charges, will be refunded; for cancellation requests received on and after this date, the full amount will be charged and no refunds will be made.
You are solely responsible for making your own appropriate travel and other insurance arrangements before booking travel for the event.
Modification and cancellation of the event
The Course Organizers reserve the right to modify the event programme, which is published as an indication only.
In the event of cancellation of the event, at any time, as a result of any event of 'force majeure' or for other reasons that are beyond the control of the Course Organizers, the registration fee shall be refunded by the Course Organizers but neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be held liable for any other costs or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, financial losses, etc.
Disclaimer and ‘force majeure’
Neither the Course Organizers nor FEBS shall be responsible for any bodily injury/death or property damages (including theft) sustained by participants during the event, unless such damages are a direct result of the negligent or unlawful act or omission thereof.
In any event, neither the Course Ogranizers nor FEBS accept liability for damages in the event of bodily injury/death, property damage, disruption to travel plans and costs incurred as a result of ‘force majeure’. ‘Force majeure’ (or ‘Act of God’) reasons include but are not limited to: war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics, health risks, fire and closure of airports or airspace.
Governing lawAny legal dispute resulting from the accepted terms and conditions will be subject to the law of Bulgaria.
- Applications Opening
5 Feb 2018
- Applications closing
15 June 2018
- Fee Payment
22 June 2018
- YTG Notification
10 July 2018
- Closing times: 23:59 (CET+01:00)